To get the best from your Diptyque candle please follow the help advice below:
- The first time you burn your Diptyque candle, allow it to burn until the whole of the top is liquid wax, this may take between 2-3 hours and will help your candle to burn more evenly the next time and avoid the candle tunnelling.
- Regularly trim the wick using our wick trimmers to around 3-5mm, this will help the candle to burn longer and avoid the flame giving off black smoke. It will also avoid the wick falling back into the molten wax and disappearing.
- Always ensure to re-centre the wick. This will help the candle to burn evenly and avoid the wick leaning towards the edge of the glass where it may cause the candle to overheat.
- Do not let your candle burn all the way to the bottom. Your candle has come to the end of its burn when 5-10 mm of wax remains or when the wick tripod is visible.
- Never leave a lit candle unattended.
- Keep away from children and pets.
- The wicks are not self-extinguishing and must be blown out when you notice there is little wax left at the bottom.
- Choose an area free from drafts to avoid uneven burning.
- Always place your candle on a level heat resistant, non-flammable surface away from fabric or drapes.
- Do not place your candle on a cold surface such as marble or glass surface. If the bottom of your hot candle glass comes into contact with a cold material, the glass may crack.
Last but not least, the Diptyque candle glass is durable and reusable. For more information please click here.