If you have made your purchase in a Diptyque boutique:
You can exchange the item for a similar or higher purchase amount through any of the boutiques within 28 days of the initial purchase. The product must be sealed and in a resalable condition. You will also need to provide a receipt or a proof of purchase. No refunds are possible at this time.
If you have made a purchase through a department store or a concession:
You will need to contact the place of purchase and check their returns policy. Otherwise please do contact our Customer Care team for further help.
If you have made a purchase via diptyqueparis.com:
We hope that you are happy with your order, but if for some reason you are not, we offer free returns at Diptyque. You may return your online order, or items within it, for a refund following the conditions outlined below:
- The items must be returned to us within 28 days from the date of delivery.
- All items must be returned unused, with authentic labels and in original packaging. You are responsible for returning the products to us as soon as possible.
- All returned goods will be examined upon receipt. We will not provide a refund if the goods show signs of unreasonable use such as opened packaging. In such circumstances, we will notify you that a refund will not be available, and we will arrange for such goods to be returned to you within 28 days of our notification.
- If you have purchased an item or items which were delivered with a ‘Gift with Purchase’, that ‘Gift with Purchase’ must be returned with the relevant item(s) in order for us to proceed with the remaining steps of this Returns Policy.
- For your convenience with each order of an Eau de Parfum or Eau de Toilette, you will receive a corresponding trial sample.
- Please follow carefully the Return Process detailed below so we can quickly resolve your return & refund. Please ensure that you obtain proof of postage when you do post your package, as we do not accept responsibility for items which are lost in transit.
- Customers wishing to return liquid fragrance items should have regard to any labelling and packaging guidelines produced by Royal Mail. See more information highlighted in the Returns Process.
- Please include the Returns Form which you will find with your order. Processing the return may take longer if you do not include the Returns Form or if it is incorrectly filled.
- If you are returning the item due to a fault or damage in transit this must be stated on the Returns Form.
- We encourage you to specify on the Returns Form any information that could help us understand the reason for your return e.g. broken, or damaged, incorrect item ordered etc.
- If you wish to carry out the return of any diffuser (hourglass, electric etc.) please contact our Customer Services team directly who will assist you in the return process.
- Your right to return goods does not apply to goods (i) made to your specification, or (ii) which have been clearly personalised (e.g. by being engraved), or (iii) which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly; or (iv) where sealed goods have been supplied which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons if they become unsealed after delivery.
- Your refund for the goods (including the initial standard delivery charge, but not the additional cost of any premium delivery option that was chosen) will be refunded by Diptyque as soon as possible by the original payment method, no later than 14 days after we have received the goods (provided that you have returned the goods to us within 28 days of delivery to you or you have notified us of the return/cancellation).
- In the interests of preventing or investigating fraudulent activity: (a) we may contact you regarding returns activity which is suspicious, and/or (b) we reserve the right to deactivate any account which is engaged in suspicious activity.
The above cancellation and refund rights are in addition to your statutory rights (under the Consumer Rights Act 2015) to return goods which are damaged or faulty, or not what you originally ordered.
A full summary of your rights in the event that you wish to return a product can be found in our Terms and Conditions for Product Sales which you can access by clicking here
To return the item/items from your Diptyque order, please follow these steps:
- Please go to the Diptyque Royal Mail Tracked Returns portal to create your pre-paid/free return label. To help us give you the right label for your item, follow the steps and enter all relevant information regarding your order.
- Complete the Returns Form which is included with your order and clearly indicates:
- Your UK order number
- Your contact information
- The name and quantity of each item being returned and the reason for the return
- Please note if the Returns Form is not sent with the items, this may cause a longer processing time, please download it here.
- Prepare your parcel, placing the form inside. You will need to securely repack the items (in an unused, unopened, resaleable condition, with original packaging) and attach the pre-paid label provided.
- Drop off your package at the local post office and keep a copy of your postage receipt for tracking information and to provide to Customer Care Services if needed. Please request to mark the package as ‘Fragile’ as an extra precaution.
- If you are returning any liquid fragrance, hourglass diffuser or room spray please also attach the ID8000 label on the outer packaging or ask the local post office to do so. Download the label here.
- No printer? No problem. You can visit the Royal Mail official website to find your nearest Post Office which offers a printing service and show them your email QR label & they will take care of the rest.
- You can track your parcel online using the Royal Mail Track & Trace service . Please retain your post office receipt as proof of return.
- UK returns made using the Royal Mail label may take 2-3 business days to be delivered to us. Refunds are processed within 14 days of receipt of your returned parcel.
- If your package exceeds the weight limits or if you have any questions, please contact our Customer Care Service.